Well, it seems that there actually was at least one person reading my little blog in the month of April and that has led to me winning a “major” award (as Ralphie’s father says).
So, I’ve always wanted to be a mystery writer but that’s not really what the award stands for. You can read about that on the creator, Okoto Enigma’s, blog.
In order to “qualify” I have to follow the rules…not significantly difficult for me unless you are ruling me not to take pictures at a concert, that I have a problem with. Here goes:
Rule 1: Put the award logo/image on your blog. — Done
Rule 2: List the rules — You’re reading them.
Rule 3: Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog. — That would be Outside Perception, a really cool blogger who talked about movies during the A to Z. I have several on my list that I need to watch thanks to him. Thank you again for the nomination!
Rule 4: Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well. — See above.
Rule 5: Tell your readers three things about yourself. —
- I have three sisters and all of our names start with the letter “J.”
- My first job was in the local library working as a “page” – that person who puts all the books away when you return them.
- My current mission in life is to make someone smile every day. (Did it work on you yet?)
Rule 6: You have to nominate 10 to 20 people. — Do I even know 10 to 20 bloggers? From the A to Z Challenge this year I came across these gems:
- Scarlett79 who wrote about hockey, a sport I knew nothing about.
- Josie Two Shoes wrote a story with six sentences in each chapter.
- J. Lenni Dorner had an interesting story of telepathy.
- AnneMBray used her commute to show us different trucks.
- The Plagued Parent used Calvin and Hobbs to enlighten us.
- Natalie at There She Goes gave us some more great music to listen to.
- Lisa at Tales from the Love Shaque gave us hair bands.
- Curious as Cathy sketched her way through the alphabet.
- Leslie Moon at Moondust Writer showed us Uganda.
- Iain Kelly wrote a story using the letters from a children’s puzzle.
- Doree Weller talked about some really interesting characters in books.
- Tell us about something you used to believe only to find out it was incorrect.
- If given the choice between cake or death…what would it be?
- What was your imaginary friend’s name and what special skills did they have?
- What is your all time most watched movie?
- When (if) I ever have down time what would I do?
- Who is your favorite author?
- How long have you been blogging?
- Have you ever been nominated for a major award?
- If you could play a musical instrument what would it be?
- Who is Carmen Sandiego and why should I care where in the world he is?
- Extra credit question, did I make you smile today?